We look forward to serving our students and parents during the 2016-2017 school year. Here is the link for our 2016-2017 Student Handbook (.PDF) by clicking the link here. If you would like to request a physical copy of the handbook, click here.Press to Call Press to Email
2016 HCC Non Traditional Student
Heartland Career Center students are well into another year of exploring opportunities to develop skills, which will allow them greater access to high demand jobs in today’s highly technical world. All of the students attending Heartland Career Center are actively involved in classrooms that allow them access to hands-on experiences that provide the chance for students to gain experience in a wide array of technical fields. This past summer has once again been a busy time of change for Heartland Career Center. The introduction of a preschool classroom inside our facility created a flurry of activities, which transitioned the electronics lab into an environment that now houses learning centers for pre-kindergarten learners. This transformation will provide a learning environment not only for preschool students, but also Heartland students who have previously worked with local preschools in the community. The students, both pre-k and high school students are excited to begin this new chapter at Heartland Career Center.
The other major change to the programs at Heartland Career Center is the relocation of the electronics classroom to a new classroom, which provides for a closer proximity to the other advanced manufacturing programs of precision machining and welding. This relocation provides a larger environment that allows for the introduction of motor control and program logic controller learning modules, along with a new six axis Fanuc robot. Each of these learning stations will provide students with industrial training that will directly relate to high demand industrial positions.
As we embark on another year, we are excited for the opportunities we can provide inside each of our classrooms. This is largely due to the support we have been honored to receive both from our communities, as well as our region. The training provided in each of our programs allows students to prepare for the job opportunities that are available in our region. This has been a concerted effort that has brought together key individuals in our region, which is creating great internship possibilities that can potentially lead to employment for Heartland Career Center students. We continue to be excited for the numerous opportunities that our students have the chance to pursue due to the support we have received and we look forward to this upcoming year.
- Mr. Jon Higgins, Principal
High School Dual Credit Partners,
· Do you need assistance in developing your “plan” for after high school?
· Do you want to better understand how the dual credit you are earning in high school will help you develop your plan for after high school?
· Are you needing to complete the Scholar Success Program Requirements for the 21st Century Scholars Program?
· Are you and your parents researching college options that are affordable and prepare you for a high wage and high demand career?
· Are the adults in your life asking the hard questions…”What are you going to do after high school?”
Let Ivy Tech Community College help you answer your questions by attending our Go Ivy Day….
· Explore academic areas and opportunities
· Meet with faculty to find out details on your academic major
· Discuss what areas are a good fit for you
· Find out about financial aid and scholarship opportunities
· Tour campus
· Enjoy meeting other prospective and current Ivy Tech students
· Find out about special programs and how these can boost your success at a four-year university
· Find out how to graduate college debt free
· Dual credit students: Use your dual credits to your advantage right here at Ivy Tech Northeast Learn how Ivy Tech's credits and degrees transfer to four-year universities
· Enjoy free lunch, fun activities, and prizes!
· Lunch Provided!
Attend our FALL Go Ivy Day for all High School Students
When: Friday, October 28th 9am-1pm
Contact: Jennifer Simmons at email@example.com or call 260-480-4211 with your questions!
Bring your parents and a group of your friends!
Doing only Right Things
Doing things Right the First Time
Doing things On Time
Doing things with the Right Attitude